Our Client - redefining control: embedded software, hardware and cloud services provide intelligence to seamlessly control and interact with an expanding list of home entertainment electronics.
Every year the company pushes the boundaries of what a remote control is and what it is able to do by applying emerging technologies. They continue to earn their status as the innovative leader with the largest and most comprehensive intellectual property portfolio in the industry. They have led the way in deploying tens of millions of control solutions that feature voice, touch and motion control as well as the advanced connectivity solutions featuring Zigbee®, RF4CE, Bluetooth® smart and Wi-Fi® communication protocols.
The business segments
Our client develops control technology solutions and manufactures a broad line of pre- programmed universal remote control products, embedded hardware and software, and audio-video (AV) accessories that enhance and simplify the home entertainment experience. This includes:
- Pre-programmed universal Infrared (‘IR’) and radio frequency (‘RF’) remote controls that are sold to subscription broadcasting providers (Cable, Satellite and IPTV), OEM, retailers and private label customers.
- Integrated circuits on which the software and universal device control database is embedded and intellectual property is sold to OEM, Subscription broadcasting and private label customers.
- Software, firmware and technology solutions that can enable devices such as TV’s, set-top boxes, smart phones, tablets, gaming controllers and other consumer electronic devices to wirelessly connect and interact with home networks.
- AV accessories sold, directly and indirectly, to consumers.
Software Applications Engineer
To further strengthen the EMEA team our client has a vacancy for a Software Applications Engineer (SAE) who will support the team in Enschede, The Netherlands.
As SAE you will be involved in the complete product lifecycle with focus on customer specific releases of our embedded and data driven software solutions. The position will include being involved in the specification and development of software applications as well as direct integration support including onsite technical support with our customers ‘at key times’ in the development and deployment of the projects. The SAE will also be responsible for communicating with customers and to other members of the development and deployment teams so that all issues are understood and customers’ expectations are managed.
The SAE is a member of the software development team and will report to the local engineering lead in Enschede (dotted line) and into the Software Application Engineering team Manager in San Mateo CA.
The SAE has regular contact with software development teams, application engineering, program management and sales in own territory as in other areas worldwide. Customer contacts are engineers at major OEM’s for STB’s OTT’s, mobile phones, tablets, TVs, and other consumer electronics products.
Position includes software development of the core products and services as well as providing direct and indirect customer support of those products.
- As member of the software development group
- Support of new feature implementations and product releases.
- Manage customer deployment tasks in online project management system.
- Issue/bug resolution and sustaining support of existing releases.
- Generate and validate customer/platform specific SDK’s.
- Assist customers with integration of the SDK’s within their products.
- Participate in dialog with other developers in discussing current and proposed architecture, defects, enhancements and other issues.
• Work with and maintain automated build and test framework.
• Understanding of software development life cycle.
Maintain and publish detailed build test strategies, test plans, test cases and test reports.
• Work directly with FAE and Product teams to support.
Demonstrated organizational skills, with ability to handle and prioritize multiple projects in a timely manner in a fast-paced environment.
- Required – Energetic and a natural innovator.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or related technical field.
- 3-5 years’ experience development in the following programming languages: C/C++ and Java.
- Experience with the following RF technologies: BLE, RF4CE, ZigBee.
- Experience with the following technologies: Web Services and JNI.
- Experience with Android and Linux platforms.
- Wi-Fi, HTML 5, iOS and Windows 8/10 is a plus as well as experience with automated test frameworks and embedded devices; TV, STB, Game platforms.
- Experience troubleshooting networking issues.
- Working knowledge of Agile development methodologies and software development life cycle.
- Solid understanding of software fundamentals.
- Experience with creating and executing software build scripts.
- Experience working with international colleagues or clients.
- Willingness and ability to travel to customer and UEI sites within the US, EU and Asia.
For this role also (foreign) candidates who are willing to relocate are invited to apply.
Be part of a team that has a true passion for innovation and technology. Those passions resonate worldwide throughout all of their locations with talented innovators, engineers and designers. Team members are focused on improving the user experience while solving industry and consumer challenges.
They offer talent the opportunity to develop oneself and grow both horizontal or vertically throughout the global organization. An interesting remuneration package, relocation allowance (when needed), bonus.
· The salary range is between € 60.000 and € 70.000 gross per year (including 8% holiday allowance);
· An annual bonus based on both individual & company performance, the range of this bonus is on average between 0-4% from the annual gross salary;
· 40 hour work week, 5 days a week (monday till Friday).
· 25 days of leave every year.
· They first offer a 1 year contract.
· Other benefits, like pension for instance.
The first interview will be online by skype or conference call with us.
The second interview will be face-to-face, probably in the Netherlands.
Interested send cvs in Spanish and English to: firstname.lastname@example.org ref.1708
Only the pre-selected applications will be answered.
* The information received will be treated in accordance with Law 15/1999, of December 13, on the Protection of Personal Data.