Our customer wants to extend the R&D activities and is looking for a Manager Material&Compounds.
Our client is the passenger vehicles (PV) competence center and responsible for product development of PV tyres globally and coordinate all R&D activities. He is responsible for the development and testing of all passenger car and light lorry tyres for all brands, which the company presents . Products developed in Enschede, the Netherlands is sold in several global regions, including Europe, Asia and Americas.
With approximately 130 employees within the company, the employees work within a flat organizational framework. Decisions are made quickly and leading to a faster development of new, original products. Colleagues are of different nationalities, highly qualified and you will have to work in a multidisciplinary fashion. Working with them means a high degree of autonomy, development and career opportunities, as well as superior working conditions. Passion, drive, creativity and an enterprising character are important personal skills for all employees of the company.
Managing of-, and working within a team of compound and material specialists on compound development and the introduction of compounds into serial production.
- Manage compound development strategy and employ activities for continuous improvements and cost optimization.
- Manage compound development projects, cross functional, to fulfill the need of new compounds requirements for OE business.
- Manage and coach compound and material specialists, to develop them for future challenges.
- Interact with internal and external stakeholders to align consumer needs and his resources for compound development.
- Translate the demands of product line development into compound development.
- Providing support to Product Industrialization/ Plant Technology for process improving and trial of new compounds.
- Support Marketing Sales on customer events.
- Analyses of material specifications, recipes, patent literature, benchmarking data and other engineering data to develop new compounds.
- Analyses of existing mixing and extrusion processes and develop improvements to working methods or operations that will minimize mixing process cycles time, risks, costs and wastage; increase yields and productivity and improve the quality of tire compounds.
- Delivers input to the R&D organization on introducing new compounds, adjusting existing mixing processes.
- Starts, supports and finishes tire compound improvement initiatives;
- Analyses benchmarking results and translates this into detailed compound formulations;
- Specifies the input for mixing of trial compounds;
- Approves final production compound specifications;
- Supervises and validates compound properties design of the first plant trial to the final production.
- Master degree in Chemical Engineering or Physics or comparable.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in similar position in Tyre industry.
- Understand the impact of raw materials on compound properties.
- Understand the impact of compound properties on tire performance.
- Analytical skills regarding tire and compound properties.
- Be an accepted, knowledgeable counterpart for other departments in and outside R&D.
- Team player with strong communication skills in English. Able to communicate with people of different nationalities.
- You should be willing to relocate to the region of Enschede, the Netherlands.
The first interview will be online by skype or conference call with us.
The second interview will be face-to-face, probably at the office in Enschede, the Netherlands.
we will pay for the costs of travel and stay for visiting the office in Netherlands for an interview
Interested send cvs in Spanish and English to: firstname.lastname@example.org ref.1714
Only the pre-selected applications will be answered.
* The information received will be treated in accordance with Law 15/1999, of December 13, on the Protection of Personal Data.